From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Aaron K. Dixon
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 2:20 PM
To: Yee, Jason; cisco@groupstudy. com (E-mail)
Subject: RE: bgp problems

You are using eBGP multihop so it's important to find out if you have a
route to your provider and also if your provider has a route to you.  You
have a default route which points to your provider, but I would add a host
based static route to your bgp neighbor.  With BGP, you can have problems
when you use a default route to get to your BGP connection; then when BGP
comes up you learn a more specific route via BGP and all the other networks
become unreachable due to a bad next hop.

You also need to ensure that your provider has a route back to your serial
interface.

Regards,
Aaron K. Dixon