Sean,

Hi!  I provide (sell) full CCIE kits and recommendations for gear.  The
biggest factor is determining a home lab is your budget.  I usually
recommend the following:

Minimum CCIE lab: (apprx 10k-15k)
5-7 routers
1 switch

Mid sized (apprx 12k-25k)
6-10 routers (including voice, ISL, and ISDN)
1 switch (cat5k or equiv)
voice cards
ISDN simulator

big kahuna (approx $50,000)
11 routers, 1 switch, voice gear, ISDN, and atm

your best bet would be to purchase a mid sized or minimum lab, and then buy
rack time on a virtual rack to cover ATM.  For an experienced network
engineer, 5-10 days of ATM usage usually does the trick.

ttyl,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796
used cisco gear:  www.optsys.net