Yes, definately.  Don't run NAT on the Router, only use it on the Linux box.
I assume you have a LAN of a few (or more) PCs on the other side of the
Linux box.  You will need a cross-over UTP cable (best solution) and then
set it up similiar to this :

Internal PCs (2, 10, 50, 2000)
    Ethernet/FE Switch

    Linux Internal NIC1 (Inside address)
         Linux PC
    Linux External NIC2 (Outside address)
            X (cross-over cable)
          Eth 0
       1720 Router
      WIC 0   WIC 1
        I       I
        I       I
       PSTN    PSTN

Basically, use a switch/hub with your internal PCs hooked up in a LAN
configuration.  Plug the Inside IP NIC of the Linux box into that
hub/switch.  This completes your internal network.

Use a crossover cable to connect your Outside (Live) IP NIC to the E0 of the
1720 router.  This is a separate cable segment, with 2 nodes.. E0, and the
NIC (xl1 or whatever).

As usual, have your 2 WICs connecting the PSTN as they do now.

This is best, as the Linux box now also segments all the broadcast traffic
and "crap" from the LAN side, and blocks that traffic from "sneaking" out
into the "real" world.  I have done this several times in the past, and it
works fine.

Regards,
  Trevor Corness, CCNA MCSE MCP+Internet