Some additional information is required here.

First, the maximum limit is 53K (US) imposed by the line voltage restriction
place upon telcos in the U.S.  The speed reported is for only the instant it
was measured as the connection changes dynamically over lifetime of
connection.  There can be only one A-D conversion in the line which terminates
at the telco switch with a trunk side T-1.