When you get a "Usage: blahblah" response to a command, it means that your
syntax was not correct, and that you need to use the 'blahblah' syntax
instead of whatever you did. IF you had correctly set the password, it would
have said "Password changed" or some such thing.

You should have done something like this:

6509-1> (enable) set password consolepass
> Usage: set password
6509-1> (enable) set password
> Enter old password:
etc.

Hope this helps...

Gabriel McCall, CCDP/CCNP+Sec

001601c01aee$5081db00$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001601c01aee$5081db00$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...