All,

      Decided to take a break from preparing for CCIE written and took the
CCDA test Friday.  Just used the Cisco Press CCDA  book.  Passed with a 931,
but I honestly thought I was going to fail about half way through.  There
were many questions where they showed you an exhibit consisting of 4 - 5
paragraphs about a company's existing network.  Then you had to parse
through it and find what they were looking for.  They were quite time
consuming and annoying.  They didn't really seem to test you on actually
designing networks.  Perhaps having finished the CCNP track, I was reading
too much into each question.  Finished in about an hour.  If you've recently
passed the ACRC (or it's newer equivalent, which I can't remember the name
of), I'd recommend taking this and getting it out of the way.  The questions
other than those mentioned above closely match ACRC questions, such as which
protocols are Distance Vector vs. Link State, and what is better to use
when.  Thinking about taking the CID this Friday, and getting CCDP out of
the way.  Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers on this test?

Thanks,
Chuck Church
CCNP, MCNE, MCSE, (CCDA)