On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Elvis [iso-8859-1] Domínguez wrote:

> Somebody know how to work logging hostname or logging A.B.C.D
> I want to get the log of my router 7507 in a workstation or server to
> analize the trouble that the router shows.
> Please send me information about this question to my e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I hope you mean "analyze".  The word you used has a slightly different
meaning.

"logging A.B.C.D" will send router logs to that IP address, following
normal IP routing.

"logging hostname" will use either the router's hosts table or configured
nameserver entry to resolve "hostname" to an IP address and then send logs
to that IP address following normal IP routing.

The IP address either specified directly or resolved must, obviously,
have a syslog daemon running and capable of receiving the logs.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/