I have to admit that Dale hit the nail on the head with this last reply.  I
worked a VC board held Prosvcs firm and had options, lots of them....where
my buying price was .71 cents a share....the organization had some extremely
bad things happening in upper management and finicially and they ended up
cutting 25% of their consulting staff.  As a result our options were not
worth squat and most of us ended up leaving before the lay offs occurred.
Lesson learned, options are simply a carrot which is dangled in front of the
ass.