Dear Group,

I'm on a new contract and I'm cleaning up a lab config so I can do some
work.

The lab has a LS-1010.  This is the first time I've seen a 1010 in the flesh
so maybe this question is basic.

The 1010 has a 8 port OC3 blade and the supervisor.  The OC3s are in mod 0
and the sup in mod 2.

I've cleared the ATM configs on atm0/0/0 - atm0/0/3 and atm0/1/0 - atm0/1/3
with no problems - however the running config states that there is an
ATM2/0/0 somewhere.

Which I think is strange as Eth2/0/0 would be occupying the same mod!!?!

When I tried to clear the config, one of the commands said I had to shutdown
the interface before doing that.  When I tried to shut it down I was
promptly told that I couldn't do that.

So, the question is - is ATM2/0/0 a virtual system interface?  If it is -
how (or maybe why) does it occupy the same mod as the supervisor and the Eth
interface?

any info accepted!!  :-)

Kevin Wigle