Don ,

You can use routers to create llc sessions over DLSw .
There is a feature called DSPU .

Let's say you have the following topology ;

router1--eth--router=====router--eth--router2
                <---DLSw--->

router1 will be DSPU PU ;

router1#(config)
router1#(config)dspu default-pu
router1#(config)interface Ethernet0/0
router1#(config-if)
router1#(config-if)dspu enable-pu lsap 4

router2 DSPU host ;

router2(config)dspu host FLEMISH xid-snd 00000000 rmac
0030.94ba.c820 rsap 4 lsap 4 interface Ethernet0/0

router2#(config)interface Ethernet0/0
router2#(config-if)dspu enable-host lsap 4
router2#(config-if)dspu start FLEMISH

The rmac address in the dspu host line is the MAC of
the ethernet interface on router1 .
( As you know there are two things inportant to set up
the llc2 session , MAC/SAP pair :-)

check the config with ;

router#sh dspu
dspu pu DFLT0001 Ethernet0/0  PU STATUS Active
     FRAMES RECEIVED 1 FRAMES SENT 1
     LUs USED BY DSPU 0 LUs ACTIVE 0
     LUs USED BY API 0 LUs ACTIVE 0
     LUs ACTIVATED BY HOST BUT NOT USED 0

router#sh llc
LLC2 Connections: total of 1 connections
Ethernet0/0 DTE: 0030.94ba.c900 0030.94ba.c820 04 04
state NORMAL
   V(S)=1, V(R)=1, Last N(R)=1, Local window=7, Remote
Window=127
   akmax=7, n2=8,
   xid-retry timer      0/0       ack timer
0/1000
   p timer              0/1000    idle timer
9600/10000
   rej timer            0/3200    busy timer
0/9600
   akdelay timer        0/100     txQ count
0/200

router#

This is also good to test SAP filters . You can create
multiple sessions all with different lsap/rsap values
.
Please see inline ;

flem

--- Don Dettmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to work out some dlsw scenarios in the
> lab.  I want to test
> end-to-end connectivity between SNA stations over
> various dlsw
> configs, but I have no SNA hosts in the lab (I have
> an abundance of
> cisco routers and Micorsoft NT stations).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> If I load Netbios (over IP) on my NT stations, and
> do Netbios name

This will not get into DLSw .
Only native netbios,SNA traffic are picked up by DLSW
.
( it is possible to get ip into dlsw to bridge it
accross  a wan , but this is not why you should use
DLSw )

> lookups over the dlsw simulated WAN, is this a valid
> test?
>
> Don Dettmore
> Lead Network Engineer
> Fiserv - CBS Worldwide
> (407) 513-5236
>
> **NOTE: New CCNA/CCDA List has been formed. For more
> information go to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]