Hi all,

Could not rember from where I read the following:

"
--- For example, 64 kbps link = 8000 bytes/second.
Suppose you have a 2000 byte packet.

Then the serialization delay is 2000/8000
seconds.  That's 250 millseconds
in one direction of transmission (from source to
destination, excluding the
return trip for a ping).

For a frame relay network, you serialize once to
get it into the frame relay
network (over the local loop).  That's 250 msec.
You serialize it again to
leave the network, over the destination local
loop.  That's another 250
msec.  That's a total of 500 msec in one
direction.

However, for leased line, you have 250 msec
only-- once to get it to the
destination. "

My question is about the double delay of FR, it looks
like the author believes that the FR network waits for
the whole packet to arrive and then transfers it to
the destination local loop, is this something true?
I can not understand, if within CIR, why this happens.

Thanks

Kent