Help!!!!!!!!

        I have managed to put together my routers, frame relay connections,
switches, etc. w/o any Cisco training.  I usually just research this stuff
on Cisco's site and find my answers.  But now I am lost on this one:

I have a Pix that I have set up to accept VPN.  I've done this per Cisco's
examples of a Client to Pix VPN configurations.  I got my DES activation key
(when I finally figured out I needed one).  My final problem is accessing
the VPN.  I am using Cisco's VPN client software but I don't have anything
to authenticate by, such as a TACACS+/RADIUS server.

What are these?  How do I create one?  Do I have to have one?  Can I not set
up one username and password on the PIX that will do the trick?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA,
Brian Parris
Systems Administrator (A+, N+, MCP)