I have received conflicting answers to this question from a number of
sources to include a Cisco Certified Instructor in a CIT course, so I am
posting the question here with hope that someone "out there" can clear this
up.  I have been told that when a frame enters a router with the BECN or
FECN bit high is this an indicator that there is congestion on a port on a
frame switch that the frame has traversed (I don't question this).  The
piece of the instructor's explanation that I have a problem with is that the
only frames that get the bit flipped are those that are part of a PVC that
is running outside its CIR.  He stated that the traffic moving through the
same congested port on other PVCs (those running under CIR) will not be
tagged even though they are moving through a congested port.  I thought that
every frame traversing the congested port gets the FECN or BECN bit flipped
(depending on direction).  I have found support for this in a couple of
books, but I have seen nothing that says definitively that ALL frames
through the congested port get tagged.
Many thanks in advance!

Nathan Miller