In preparation for an upcoming MCNS class, I have recently begun researching
the best reference book to use for it from Cisco Press.
The Amazon reviews are always a good source to start with. I found two books
worthy of mention. The books are:

Enhanced Ip services for Cisco networks  by Don Lee
Designing Network Security  by Merike Kaeo

I thumbed through the Kaeo book the other day but was not particularly
impressed becuase it is so small. However, someone on this list did
recommend it. The reviews on the Lee book are quite good and it looks like
it would be useful for both the security stuff and some other interesting
topics which he hits.

I would appreciate anyone that is familiar with both to offer up their
recommendation.

Cheers

http://profiles.msn.com.