From: Omar Baceski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 12:55 PM
To: Scoles, Damian
Subject: RE: Source Route Bridging

TB is okay (it's the same as an ethernet switch)

SRB is wrong. if the RII is set to 0, we have a frame for the local ring, so
the bridge does nothing with the frame.

in the other cases, the mac addresses are never changed. the bridges work
only with the rif.

the translational stuff is okay, it is the only case in wich the router
must change the macaddress format between canonical and noncanonical formats
to translate from token to ether or viceversa

RSRB is okay

if we talk about DLSW, well, it is very similar to RSRB in the way the
bridge manages traffic. I mean, the router must create a virtual ring and
the rif is terminated at the origin ring. again, the mac address is never
changed