I see it kind of like a matrix with 4 columns by 4 rows.

The 4 columns are Routing, Switching, Remote Access and Support, and the 4
rows represent intermediate (lower row) to professional (upper row).

For the CCNP, if you group all four lower rows into a rectangle, you can
call that CCNA. That's where you have a basic understanding of all four
topics.

Before you have a professional understanding of the topics, you need to go
through the three next rows in each columns, and when you have completed
those four columns - you're a CCNP.

Each individual has different prefered ways of learning things, but in my
case I took the CCNA first so I had a basic understanding of all four
topics. That way I knew all the basic stuff - how to login to the router,
how to change passwords, how to make the router work, and I could
concentrate on the more hairy stuff.

I believe that the best sequence is CCNA, then Routing, Switching and Remote
Access (in any order), and last Support. - But then again, I'm not a CCNP
yet, so I can't be all old and wise.

Hth,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen