The problem you are having is very common with the 2948G-L3.  The reason
your config doesn't work on the L3 Switch and works on a L2 Switch is that
the L3 Switch is more like a 48 Port Router.  Each Port is "individual".
What I mean is that you need to create a bridge group and assign all the
ports to that specific bridge group.  Here is a link to a Cisco web-site
that gives you a sample config.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/l3sw/2948g-l3/rel_12_0/7wx51
5a/config_g/bridging.htm#23388

Just follow the example on Configuring Bridging.  This should solve your
problem.

Hope that Helps.

Regards,

Don Orlik