I have a 2916XL that is connected to a compaq server with two NC3130 NIC
cards and is configured for Cisco Etherchannel. I placed the  two contigous
ports in a port group. When I look at the switch both interfaces are up, the
switch shows that they are both in group 1 but one port is in blocking mode
while the other is forwarding. Shouldnt they both be in forwarding mode? I
am not sure if the Etherchannel is working. I have the same sort of problem
when I try to connect a 1900XL EN to the 2916 switch via etherchannel (two
bundles), one port always goes into blocking mode or shows disabled .

Thanks,

Lonnie