PLEASE,  BUY THE ROUTERS!!!!!

I just completed a week long $2795.00 Routing and Support class.  I paid for
the class out of my own pocket believing it would let me finish off those 2
tests in a week, instead of the two weeks per test self study pace I used
for BCRAN and Switching.  I was SO WRONG!

On the way home from class on Saturday, I stopped off at Borders and bought
the only Routing 2.0 book I could find, Routing Exam Cram.  I downloaded a
bunch of white papers on BGP and OSPF, and started reading Halibi's book.
When I.m done with these, I will still have to read the Support Book.  My 1
week wish if going to turn into 3.  $3000.00 for 1 week less study time....
not quite a good deal.

You are asking me "Why read all this after taking the class?"  The class was
a nice introduction.  The Power Point slides just did not have the detail
needed for this subject.  In the 10 hours per day we were in class, we maybe
had 3 hours of lecture.  The rest of the time was lab time.  All simple labs
that could be done with just a few routers at home.  Most of the lab time
was wasted waiting for someone to finish.

In conclusion,  if your boss is paying, take the vacation (class).  Just do
not expect to be able to take an advanced test soon after.  If you are
serious, and have decent study habits, the equipment is far more useful, and
can always be sold later.

Jon