Hi guys - perhaps you can clairify something for me.

According to CIT - this means layer 1 is up, but layer 2 is down
(paraphrase) - what I need to know is the reprecussions of this -

In other words, can I ping this interface ip address from within the router?
  Could I do a sh ip route on this ip address and at least try to see it?
Obviously, I can't do it from another router across the interface, but I
thought I'd be able to assign an ip address, ping it internally, and have it
ready to go when we get something to plug into it.

Kind of hitting my head against a wall here.  Thanks.

RB

http://profiles.msn.com.