"Rossetti, Stan" wrote:

> Has anybody ever used NetRanger?  Is it a worthwhile device?  Also, can you
> monitor crc errors with it?  Any information would be much appreciated.

A bit off topic, but I have used and was pleased with the NR product.
It is not, however, an IOS based device.  It is really just a nice PC
with dual NIC's in a rackmount case.  The OS is Solaris x86, and the
actual NR software is pre-installed and the box is hardened fairly
well.  The setup and configuration couldn't be easier, both on the
sensor and the director unit.  Also, on top of normal IDS stuff, the
unit can monitor and log router ACL violations and, a neat feature,
can be configured to shun connections for a certain period of time based
on user configured criteria.