In case you're still working on it, you might want to firstly make
sure the IOS is indeed deleted.  You can check this at rommon> by
dir flash:

If the IOS is not there the URL below should help:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/cnfgnote/2600mem.htm#xtocid682718

tftp is the faster way to go

Clue.