In picking out a hardware firewall, make sure it supports DHCP on the
external side.  Most cable and DSL providers use DHCP.  You could hardcode
the DHCP-given address on a firewall, but when the lease is up, your
firewall won't respond to the re-lease requests.  Your current address will
be given out to someone else, causing a conflict and really annoying your
ISP.  Best bet is to get a static address from the ISP.  Also, Cisco has a
new PIX - the 506 which is targeted for SOHO.

Chuck Church
CCNP, CCDP, MCNE, MCSE
Sr. Network Engineer
Magnacom Technologies