Simplest way to do this would be the following (note this isn't tested, but
it should work:

Since not setting a password for telnet disables telnet, simply try the
following:

> en
# conf t
(conf)# line 0 4
(conf-line)# no password
(conf-line)# end
#

So theoretically, to only allow 1 tty line,

> en
# conf t
(conf)# line 0 0
(conf-line)# password abcdefg
(conf-line)# line 1 4
(conf-line)# no password
(conf-line)# end
#

Like I said, this is untested, but should work fine (in theory).  If anyone
has time to test this out in a lab environment, let me know if anything
works properly, or incorrectly.

 Regards,
  Trevor Corness, CCNA MCSE MCP+I
  Network Systems Engineer, DataCom