At 12:22 AM -0500 10/2/2000, Yee, Jason wrote:
>hi anyone knows why when my link goes down for 2 mins and up again BGP is
>still flapping and regains its full functionality only after several hours ,
>by right it should come up by itself quite fast after the serial came up
>right . It should not be down for several hours when my link is only down
>for 2 minutes . Any form of input would be greatly appreciated
>

>thanks
>
>Jason

You haven't given enough information for more than a guess.  BGP
problems rarely can be assessed in relation to a single link, but
rather with respect to a routing system.

Given those disclaimers, check to see if the route is being dampened.
--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not

Howard C. Berkowitz      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Director, CertificationZone.com
Senior Product Manager, Carrier Packet Solutions, NortelNetworks (for ID only)
   but Cisco stockholder!
"retired" Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CID) #93005