It depends on what type of a stub area you are talking about

Stubs block type 5 LSAs (allow 3 and 4)

Totally stubby block 3, 4, and 5

Not so stubby NSSA block type 5 but can have ASBRs within them, which send
out type 7's (which are converted to type 5's by the ABR (allow 3 and 4)

Not so stubby totally stubby areas block 3,4, and 5 but can have ASBRs
within them, which send out type 7's (which are converted to type 5's by
the ABR

my $ .02

At 11:07 AM 10/02/2000 -0400, Bradley J. Wilson wrote:
>I'd agree that that's a typo, or just a plain mistake.  Stub areas block
>type 4 and 5 LSAs, and totally stubby's go even further and block the type
>3's as well.

Tom Pruneau
Trainer Network Operations
GENUITY
3 Van de Graff Drive Burlington Ma. 01803
24 Hr. Network Operations Center 800-436-8489
If you need to get a hold of me my hours are 7AM-3PM ET Mon-Fri

This email is composed of 82% post consumer recycled data bits