I would agree to enabling portfast, as well as, making sure that your switch
and servers are set to 100 full.  I have seen that as a problem a few
times...
On the NT world, I am not sure if you are running a wins server or not.  The
rules of NT authentication has the workstations broadcasting for the list of
DCs if  it can't find the DC's in the WINS.  The first DC to respond usually
grants the authentication, but in our world broadcast BAD.  By having a WINS
allows the workstations to see the DCs.
Pretty sure that spanning tree is  your problem, but maybe something else
for you to look at...

Rob DuVal
MCSE, CCNA, CCDA