Does anyone know what the size of the ConnectRetry timer is?

Is this a configurable value?

If so what is the command used to configure it?

I checked the TAC and searched for ConnectRetry timer and got nothing of
suybstance back.

The RFC references the ConnectRetry timer but makes no mention oof it size,
more so it seems to indicate that its size is a vendor proprietary value

from 1654
"The exact value of the ConnectRetry timer is a local matter, but should be
sufficiently large to allow TCP initialization."

If you know the answer, where did you get it from?

I have the Halabi BGP book as well as the John Stewart book, is there
another poeice of reference material which would aid in delving deeply into
BGP?

Thanks for the assistance

Tom
Tom Pruneau
Trainer Network Operations
GENUITY
3 Van de Graff Drive Burlington Ma. 01803
24 Hr. Network Operations Center 800-436-8489
If you need to get a hold of me my hours are 7AM-3PM ET Mon-Fri

This email is composed of 82% post consumer recycled data bits