The company I work for uses Lucent switches internally (we're an eCRM company
much involved with online banking, dotcoms, etc. - what used to be called call
centers).  I know that Lucent offers classes on their switches and have a
certification on running their switches in a call center environment.
Depending on what brand switch is used by Verizon in the local COs, you might
want to check that manufacuturer's website for training.  A few phone calls to
your local Verizon office should tell you what switches are being used - mostly
AT&T in my area - Northern West Virginia/SW Pennsylvania.  You'll have to talk
your way past the CSRs - Customer Service Reps - to talk to the Engineering
people but, once you do that, if you explain what you're after, they may be
able to point out training resources that will help you out.

Good Luck,

John.

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone have any information on installing, configuring, and managing
> telephone switches (e.g. the switches companies like Verizon (Bell Atlantic)
> install and manage? I am currently pursuing my CCNP and targeting a job in
> the Telecommunications industry. Are there exams that will qualify me for
> this market/industry?
>
> Your information and assistance will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Peter.

> http://profiles.msn.com.

At this point in the email, I'm supposed to make some sort of pithy comment.
OK...Pith off!!!