Brian,

I just used CIM expert lab the past couple of days.  It consists of five labs:
Frame Relay, OSPF, OSPF Summarization, EIGRP and BGP.  It's very basic.  I
would say that it's good starting point of your lab test preparation.  While I
have not taken the CCIE lab yet, I don't know what exactly is tested in the
lab.  But from what I heard about the lab test and what I know about the CIM
Expert Lab, the CIM Expert lab is not as challenging as the CCIE lab test.

Hope it helps.

George Zhang
CCNP+Security
CCIE Written