Title: RE: ipsec isakmp problem

Have you checked your "isakmp policy lifetime" should be same on both end if you want to initial the tunnel from each end? Cheers.

Frank Chen

-----Original Message-----
From: Ibrahim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 October 2000 17:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ipsec isakmp problem

Hi group,

We installed tunnel & ipsec (using GRE, isakmp-preshare, cisco 3640 & IOS
12.0.7XK1) between 2 routers. Then tunnel  & ipsec can work, but the problem
is after the session expired, the ipsec can't establish anymore, and we've
to run this command "clear crypto sa"  manually on both routers, and the
session can be established.

I heard IOS 12.0.7XK1 has a problem in IPSEC, but I can't upgrade our 3640,
every time I upgrade to any 12.1 version, All the interfaces disappear in
configuration.

TIA,
Ibam