John

Can u help ?

I have two Windows 98 machines, one on the inside interface and one in
dmz1. How do I workgroup these machines so when i open up network
neighborhood the machines appear in the browse list?

The summary of my request is simply to workgroup two machines across the
Pix firewall using TCP/IP only. I have two conduits that are configured
to allow all TCP and UDP traffic to pass between networks. I can
succesfully ping, http, ftp, telnet between networks but when I attempt
to resolve a NETBIOS name using NBTSTAT (windows Netbios tool) all I get
is 'HOST NOT FOUND'. From this it appears that NETBIOS is not being
broadcast between networks.

What solution is required to allow NETBIOS to propagate correctly?

Is there any IP helper function on the Pix, and if so would this do the
trick?

I look forward to your reply

Kindest Regards

cheers