Didn't get a response the first time, but was sent during the mailserver
outage.  I think this is a pretty easy one (hopefully).

How many layer 2 switchs can I run together in series before I have some
sort of delay problem?  I don't think the 5-4-3 rule applies here?  I have
a client that has 9 switches connected one to another in series like
one big chain.  Is this a problem?

What if it's looped, is there some problem with pushing the BPDU's around
to big of a circle?  Cisco's implementation of spanning tree adjusts the
timers based on network diameter, but they only allow a maximum diameter
of 7 (for the parameter) according to the BCMSN book.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jon Mitchell
Systems Engineer, Subject Wills & Company