> I got a Catalyst switch with supervisor engine 1A with MSFC.
Without  configration, notice there is route shown below. Why
is that so? What do

> EOBC0/6 meant?
>
> C    127.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, EOBC0/6

I can't say with 100% certainty, since I don't have a 6509
handy :-), but I have a few ideas.  The CAT5k uses a similar
syntax to describe the bus connection going to the RSFC. In
this particular case, it represents an Ethernet on board
controller located at bus number 0, device number 6.  This can
be verified with the "show eobc" command after 12.07 code, or
possibly using the "show interface" command on your RSFC for
CAT5ks.  I believe that the virtual interface for the CAT5ks is
an IBC0 (interface bus controller 0).

This is not documented very well in the product DOCs.  Also, if
you ever get a status on other than up/up, you may have a
problem where the RSFC/MSFC meets the Switching Engine.  I had
an RSFC go bad and it gave an up/down indication on the "show
interfaces" command on the RSFC.

HTH,

Paul Werner

HTH