Thanks Jay,

Remember the size of this list makes it very unmanagable and just increases
the probablility of an Out-of-Office reply.  The group was originally
designed using a simple majordomo mailing list.  But quickly became too big
for the software and now uses majordomo on top of a bunch of patches and
other scripts.  In fact the program that was causing us the problem was
something called "BulkMailer".  Bulk mailer takes a message and splits it up
in to smaller delivery groups, so message deliver is in parallel.  Without
this program it takes about 12 hours for a message to be delivered to the
last person on the list.  Now it takes under an hour.  But unfortunitely the
writer of BulkMailer does not like the precedence: line and filtered it out.

The associates list is available through the web, newsfeed, and mailing
list.  The problem is how do we coordinate the treading between the web and
newsfeed?  The original solution was to append the thread number and message
number to the subject header of the message.  This works great for the web,
but kills threading on many newsfeed readers.  So, now we can have threading
on the web or newsfeed but not both.  Any suggestions?  I have been playing
around with the e-mail headers trying to create a header that would be sent
back unaltered with the thread information.  So far, with initial testing,
Outlook Express seems to remove any reference to my Bogus headers.

If anyone has any suggestions....

Thanks,

Paul