Dear,

Its not possible for the two routers having the same Loop back...

Loopback/Ip-Address must be unique whenever we talk about Public addresses.

Faisal Athar.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hey Group,
         I am studying for my BSCN and am starting on my journey into BGP
(luckily I left a trail of bread crumbs to get out)  ;)  What I'm saying is
that for the next couple weeks you may see me asking more than the usual
amount of questions.

         I have one on the BGP Route Decision Process. In pages 168 & 169 of
"Internet Routing Architectures," it gives the steps through attributes it
takes when deciding between multiple routes to a destination. I wont list all

of them but if you have the book you know what I'm talking about. If every
attribute matches all the way down the list to the last one, the router with
the highest IP or Loopback address will be the chosen one.

         This I understand perfectly and I know that it usually wouldn't even

get this far down the list but I find myself again playing the devil's
advocate. What if the loopbacks on both devices were the same? I know you
could just change one but let's say you didn't. How would it finally make
it's decision? Let's pretend everything was the same...would it just, ummm,
pick one? Would it kinda just spin a wheel and see what it lands on kinda
like telco's do to give an RFO? ;)

Thanks ahead of time for responses folks...it's appreciated. Love your show.

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA, 1/4-NP
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

      "If you need luck, apparently you're not prepared...Go study!"

   ~Mark Zabludovsky~