the vmps database is a simple text file, which the vmps server downloads to decide
whether the devices are authorized to join a
specific VLAN.
here is a sample database:

!part 1: global settings
vmps domain testvtp
vmps mode open (no entry for MAC->assign port to fallback VLAN)
vmps fallback default
vmps no-domain-req deny (no VMPS domain name - VTP domain name mismatch allowed)

!part2: address database
vmps-mac-addrs
address 0060.0893.dbc1 vlan-name engineering
address 0060.08aa.5279 vlan-name --NONE--
(the MAC is associated to a vlan-name not a vlan number. use "--NONE--" to deny a MAC
from any dynamic VLAN port)

!part3: other policies
vmps-port-group restrictengineering
device 172.16.1.2 port 3/1
device 172.16.1.3 port 4/1
vmps-port-policies vlan-name engineering port-group restrictengineering

the information is taken from the CCIE LAN switching book (page 146/147).

hope this helps,
Gabriel