~~> Additional notes on the problem I am facing. I have been troubleshooting
this issue and have found that in addition to the hostname looking wierd
Router(boot)#

I have done a show flash and noticed after the file is listed it shows
[invalid checksum]

This is a wierd one. The file is not too big for the flash, and this was
working a few weeks ago. This is why I am coming to the assumption that the
flash file may be corrupted. I have promted a reload and this same condition
results. I am going to power cycle which I feel is not going to fix
anything. I am wondering if a netboot from another source would fix this
issue, but I'm still not sure of the exact problem? Anyone have any advice
or knowledge they would like to impart on me?