From: "Adrian Chew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: BGP, Multihoming, and Me
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:26:07 -0400

John,

There might be ways to get this done other than BGP...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/ioft/ionetn/tech/emios_wp.htm

Take a look at the multi-homing with NAT.  I do see some possible problems -
with DNS and how your hosts are resolved.  You could have a server hosted
elsewhere which points/re-directs traffic via either ISP via the 2 different
links depending on which one is available or load-balance between the 2.

Regards,
Adrian

"John Neiberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
31767142.971447738012.JavaMail.imail@tiptoe">news:31767142.971447738012.JavaMail.imail@tiptoe...
 > I have a question that I'm sure has been referenced before but I couldn't
 > find an answer in the archives, and it's more practical than technical.
 >
 > We have a single T-1 connection to an ISP for customer access to our
 > internal webservers so that our banking customers can do web-based
 > transactions and get account information.  This is such an important
aspect
 > of our business that we decided to get a second T-1 to another ISP for
 > redundancy.  We aren't as concerned with being able to load-balance,
which
 > is a dicey prospect in this arrangement anyway.
 >
 > Now, the problem:  we have a tiny subnet assigned to us from ISP-1, it's
 > /27.  Now let's say we get a connection to ISP-2 and we start running
BGP.