Title: COLT tests
I am trying to setup a Frame Relay link in a lab situation. We have Layer 2 speaking LMI back and forth and the line Protocol is reported as Up on the serial interface. We assigned it a Private address and created a static route pointing at the serial interface of the other router. When you do a Show ip route it reports that all the routes exist as I believe they should (See config to follow) The Problem is we can't ping the IP address of the local serial interface 192.168.4.1, and I can't seem to figure out why. I beleive if I could ping the local serial interface then traffic would pass from our development network to our test network on 192.168.3.1. Please review my config on the 2610 and help me figure out why I can't ping the local interface before I use this router as a frisbee (which would be a shame considering it is a 2610)
Begin Config

Current configuration:

!

version 12.0

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

no service password-encryption

!

hostname cisco2600

!

enable password cisco

!

ip subnet-zero

!

!

!

!

!

interface Ethernet0/0

ip address 192.168.1.3 255.255.255.0

no ip directed-broadcast

!

interface Serial0/0

ip address 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0

no ip directed-broadcast

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

no ip mroute-cache

frame-relay interface-dlci 101

!

ip classless

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1

ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.4.2

no ip http server

!

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

dialer-list 1 protocol ipx permit

snmp-server engineID local 000000090200003094104240

snmp-server community public RO

!

line con 0

exec-timeout 0 0

password cisco

transport input none

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

password cisco

login

!

no scheduler allocate

end

cisco2600#

End Config

Please help to save my sanity! all responses are greatly appreciated!

Ken Claussen MCSE CCA CCNA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The mind is a terrible thing to waste!"