Hi Wandoo,

Thanks for the info,
Can you please describe this in detail with some example.

Thanks.

Faisal.

ElephantChild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 18 Oct 2000, FAISAL ATHAR wrote:

> Can any one explain the purpose of Internal BGP.According to my knowledge
it
> it used  between sites with in the same autonomous system.

True, assuming you mean routers.

> But Question is that BGP is Exterior routing protocol,develop mainly to
> connect two different  autonomous systems, then what is the purpose of
Using
> Internal BGP, within the same autonomous sytems although we could use any
> other Interior routing protocol there.

You need internal BGP to carry path information between external BGP
routers, eg for a transit AS.

--
Bungee jumping and skydiving are for wimps. If you want to experience
true gut-wrenching terror, have children. --Dusty Rhoades.