From: Jake Secrist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ATM & CDP

I have a Cisco router connected to a Cisco LightStream 1010 ATM switch.
 The 'sh int atm 1/0' command shows that the interface and line
protocol are up, but I can't ping what I thought was the IP address of
the switch's ATM interface(10.11.1.2/24).  I know the IP address of the
ATM interface on the router (10.11.1.1/24), but I can't figure out the
IP address of the switch's ATM interface.  Would this address normally
show up in the 'show cdp neighbors' command?  The output of that
command shows nothing for the ATM interface.  In the 'sh ip arp'
command, there are only Ethernet entries, none for ATM.  Also, can you
ping over ATM?  Obviously I don't know a whole lot about ATM, but I'd
appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,

Jake