From: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 5:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Slightly OT: Stable IOS versions, 12.1?

We are currently running 11.2(17) on our 7513 backbone router and we're
going to be upgrading to 12 in the near future.  After examining  the bug
reports I initially picked 12.0(12) since it looked pretty stable.  However,
12.0 does not have some nifty features that we like, especially the
"grep"-like command "include" and the ability to pipe show commands.

We are now putting 12.1(4) on our branch routers (2620s) but I was wondering
if anyone had any experience, good or bad, with 12.1 on a 7500 series
router.  We need error-free performance with EIGRP, DLSw+, IP, IPX, WFQ,
ATM.

I'm a little hesitant to put the latest IOS on our backbone router, but from
the looks of it, 12.1(4) might be a better choice than 12.0(12), but it
seems like upgrading the IOS on a Cisco router is a crap shoot; you just
pray that the bugs of that particular version don't hurt you TOO much.

Ok, I'll quit rambling and go get some more coffee.  Any input will be
gladly accepted.

-- John