Rating: 4 on a scale of 1-10

If you haven't gone through the archives to see my first few comments then I
will recapitulate.

What I did not like:

1) Too many errors (typo, figures, wrong answers,)
2) No flow and standard in the writing.
        Example: If there is a command review at the end of a chapter, the
reader (me anyway) expect
                         that there will be command reviews in the following
chapters
3) Lack of explanation and information in all the tables and diagrams
4) Very confusing presentation of the commands. No flow again and no order
5) Intros only to OSPF, BGP and EIGRP. Not enough info and not very well
ordered.
6) Lacks: RIP, RIPv2 ,IS-IS (at least basic stuff)

What I liked:

1) Fairly good review of the Ip addressing scheme; Classes,
Sub/supernetting, CIDR, IP Unumbered, Classless
     Classful, VLSM etc... tricks stuff for beginners (chapt 4)
2) Very good intros to OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and good definition of terms
3) Very good description of the output of different SHOW commands, OSPF
especially

Overall this book  lacks depth and I do not feel that this book will help
you with your BSCN exam very much,
unless you are looking for an intro to routing protocol and you want to add
a book to your library. I wouldn't
recommend this book for anything else.  Not worth $101.95 cdn

I am not recommending this book for the BSCN but rather a few other books.
A MUST is Mr Doyle's ROUTING TCP/IP which covers OSPF, RIP, RIPv2, EIGRP and
IS-IS.

There is a second edition of INTERNET ROUTING ARCHITECTURE  by Mr Halabi,
which covers BGP inside and out.

With those two books (which you will need anyway for your CCIE library) you
will be able to understand about routing
protocols.

Just a man's point of view !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any comment are welcome!

Daniel