Tong,

You use the 'rate-limit' command to colour the traffic (set precedence) on
the outgoing or incomming interface, remember that it's sequential so you
need to plan what order to put the them in.

You can also colour the traffic the router makes (snmp, ntp etc) using 'ip
local priority' (only on 12.1 up I think).

This isn't going to do much unless you have some kind of queueing set up
right throughout your network. I would use CBWFQ (Class Based Weighted Fair
Queueing) with WRED.