I have TACACS+ (the free version from Cisco) running on FreeBSD and it has
been flawless.  I'm sure it's the same on Linux.

I am not sure about Windows NT.  It comes with the NT Option Pack called
something like "Internet Authentication Service".  I think it also comes
with Windows 2000 Server by default.