From:   Healis, Jim
Sent:   Wednesday, October 25, 2000 8:41 AM
To:     'Phil Barker'
Subject:        RE: 3524 switches and GBIC technology ?

I've got three 3548s here.  I have tried it both ways and it has worked
fine. However, I would say that the recommended way is much easier to
understand if you think of them as cascading switches.  Think, instead, that
ports one and two are stacked instead of side-by-side.  Then it is easier to
see why port two on switch one should connect to port one on switch two,
etc.
Jim Healis CCNP, CCDP
Senior Network Administrator
Virata