It's the "Stoli factor!"

"Rossetti, Stan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 10/25/2000 02:18:08 PM

Please respond to "Rossetti, Stan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: Ron Stark/SanDiego/Cymer)
Subject:  SLOOOW Response Across Transatlantic Link

Could anyone explain to me what could possibly be the problem.  We have 2
fractional E-1 Links to Russia from the Southeast United States.  We lost
both of these fiber links so we converted over to a single backup satellite
link which has performed optimally in the past.  The last time this happened
which was a few minutes ago, the router became very sluggish even though the
transatlantic interface statistics on the routers in Moscow and at here in
the United States did not show a heavy load or any errors.  Next we opened
up another transatlantic satellite link to route the data across in addition
to the previous satellite link.  The network is no longer sluggish and the
loads on the interfaces on the routers in Russia here in the United States
increased.  I looked at the buffers before during the problem and after the
problem and they look the same.  Most of the buffers show no buffers
available to be allocated.  Any help?  Oh as far as the routing protocols.
We are using eigrp with load balancing.  The links are both 640k.

Thanks,

Stan Rossetti

Russia Services Group
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]