Thanks for your response.
I forgot to mention that primary link is frame-relay
and backup link is isdn link. Our company has HQ in
San Francisco, and 4 branch offices are located around
bay area.
Not as a network expert, but as a ccnp wannabe, I was
curious which router would initiate isdn backup link
first between HQ router and branch router. My hunch is
any router that detects link failure initiates isdn
backup link first. am l right?

Thanks in adv.