Daniel,

With OSPF, if you can spare the addresses, loopbacks are always a good idea.

1) Stub areas do LSAs 1/2 internally, and do NOT get  external routes (5)
injected into them. ABR of the stub area will generate 3/4 for its area,
stub or not.  .

2)  Good question!  My guess is if the ASBR is just an ASBR, then it will
not generate a 4 for itself;  if it is an ABR, then it will generate a 4 for
itself... I don't have my Thomas Thomas book to verify this, though.

3)  that network statement 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255...whew, look out free
world... I wouldn't use it, personally!  Your second choice is better;
personally, I like to use network statements like so:    network 1.1.1.1
0.0.0.0 area 11;  when I look at my configs, I can see instantly who is
participating in OSPF.

HTH,

Charles

8tc7g0$k4e$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8tc7g0$k4e$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...